• Welcome to Nagaiut.be
  • A community of creative types
  • Friendly and supportive since 2017
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubset, Sony and legal bootlegs
https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/22/dubset...-remixing/

Was a lot of hype about Dubset a while back, seems they had big plans but only a tiny pool of tracks to remix.

I think remixes have to be approved first too, so it's not like you sign up then you're free to pilfer the Sony catalogue. Just more of a streamlined licensing process I believe.

Might be good, might be shit. I'm skeptical.
We should give a try at making 100% Sony artists/licensed songs mashups official.
(09-10-2017, 02:46 PM)ToToM Wrote: We should give a try at making 100% Sony artists/licensed songs mashups official.

I think Rhythm Scholar's trying to get a project on the go.
I created an account there and set out to find a mashup I made that has only Sony songs, but quickly realized how incredibly hard it is to find an artist that don't end up having their names scattered a bit through smaller legs of all of the Big 3 companies, so it is extremely hard to find a mashup with songs that one can faithfully say are Sony only.

A few days after the big Sony deal news broke, though, I saw an article that praised the first unofficial remix (actually, it might even have been a mashup) that was uploaded to Spotify/Apple, and they said the name of the amateur DJ that had the honor of being the first. Can't find it now, though, but this says that it has happened a day or 2 after the deal, and probably lots more by now.